An FO and some other things!

Sundry 006

FO: Sundry

Yarn: The Sanguine Gryphon Bugga! in Smaller Yellow Ant (CC) and madelinetosh pashmina in Paper (MC).

I finished my Sundry shawl in early October, and it has become my most worn knit this fall.  Which isn't hard to believe since everything about it - the yarn, the colour combination, the pattern... It all came together pretty perfectly, in my humble opinion.

Sundry 008

Even though this pattern is classified as a shawl, it works perfectly as a scarf. It's huge - I'm able to wrap it around my neck several times! The pattern includes instructions that let you make sure that you use as much of your skeins of yarn as possible. I added extra repeats of the houndstooth pattern in the middle, as well as extra rows of the CC section.

Sundry 003

The pattern has a picot bind off, which I did start off doing. But halfway through I wasn't happy with how it was looking. I ended up ripping that out and doing an i-cord bind off instead. I'm much happier with the way that turned out.


I've finished other things as well. Some I have photos of, and some I do not. I always intend to blog more, but it's just so much easier to update my instagram or Ravelry project pages instead. I did take some photos of some other projects I've finished! I'll include links to their project pages.

1 comments:

  1. I have to tell you that besides the knitting patterns that you choose, I love your TV/streaming shows that you recommended to us. So far all of the shows are worthy in my book, however, there are ones that I am sure my husband won't like, but then he does and I have to wait until he's around before I can watch them.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete