FO: Orchid Thief & Life on Sundays

Long time no see, folks. I have a couple of finished objects, both of which are shawls. One of them is long overdue (I started it nearly a year ago, and finished it in February) while the other was finished recently.

Orchid Thief

FO: Orchid Thief

Yarn: Spritely Goods Sylph in 'Chaparral'

I bound off this project in February, but didn't get around to blocking it until just this past weekend. I knit this on a whim with no real plan for it, which explains why I didn't feel like I was in a hurry to block it. And honestly, I'm glad I put off blocking it for as long as I did. I felt like this shawl was a bit of a pain to block. It's shape isn't really a triangle or a crescent. Eventually I just pinned out the points of the leaves and didn't worry so much about the top edge or the scallops.

Orchid Thief

I adore the colour variation with this yarn, and my favourite bit of this shawl is the trio of leaves on the top edge.

Orchid Thief


Life on Sundays


Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in 'Go Go Grassy' and Dye Cauldron Black Cat Sock Yarn in 'Flannel'

I love this finished shawl. It's huge! The Dye Cauldron yarn is oh so soft because of the cashmere content in it. The Smooshy might not be quite so soft, but it still feels lovely. Especially after blocking

Life on Sundays

I adore the colour combination I chose, since it combines two of my favourites. In the skeins I wasn't sure how it would work out since in certain light the grey almost has a purple quality to it, but it worked out splendidly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment